Monday, December 3, 2007

Oh Christmas Tree. . .



Gib's parents, Dave and Cheryl, came up to Ogden to visit us on Saturday. We saw a Christmas tree lot on Washington and decided to stop and look. Gib's Dad bought me a tree. I was really excited to get a fresh cut tree that smells like pine. Now we have an artificial tree in the living room and a real tree in the kitchen. The artistic snob inside me rejected the flaws of a real tree but now that we have decorated it with homemade ornaments I am very fond of the real tree. It looks great with a hand-me-down tree skirt made by my Mom over 20 years ago and special ornaments given to me and Gib as gifts. We also had dinner at the Pizzeria and drove past Pine View Reservoir to see the snow. As you can see, it was so beautiful with the banks covered in fresh snow. We had a fulfilling weekend. On Sunday, Chad blessed Logan. It was a touching blessing and it was rewarding to watch the men in our family join efforts to bless our sweet little spirit. Here are some great photos from that day.

Above is Grandma Brems with Taylor Tebbs. She is so fun-loving. She kept running around in a circle over and over again with a huge smile on her face. She was very proud to tell me and my Mom that she wanted shiny diamond things for Christmas. Amy said she sat on Santa's lap and told him exactly what she wanted without any prior coaching from Mom. She is a girl after my own heart. After all, who doesn't love shiny diamond things?

5 comments:

Ashley said...

I love your real Christmas tree! That was so nice of Gib's parents! Good pictures from the blessing too. What girl doesn't want shiny diamond things.

Emily said...

Nice post guys. Glad you got a real tree. We shelled out some dough for a real tree here this year and it does have its benefits. I love the smell of pine in the house but it does require vaccuuming ever couple days to pick up the needles. Can't have it all I guess. Great blessing pics. Looks like a fun time. Merry Christmas to you guys!!

Rob and Emily Brems

Anonymous said...

That Pineview picture is Amazing. So pretty. Now I want to see the decorated trees. That means we are either going to show up on your doorstep or you need to post some pictures to your blog. I also love our family picture- look at Logan!

Layton family said...

Hey, this is so fun! I am glad you responded so soon. You are also very good at blogging. You have good narratives for the pictures. I will try to do that too since I now know there are people looking at it. Britt,don't tease me, if you offer to come visit I would jump on that and be super excited. You could stay wherever I am. Hey since it would be in the winter Grandma and Grandpa would be there too. What a party! I am going to stay with my mom during the week while Todd is at work, and then be here at home over the weekends. My parents only lives 14 miles away.

Moo Moo J said...

Hey, I loved checking out your blog. I feel so cool now to be in the club! That landscape picture was gorgeous!!! Keep in touch! Emily

About Me

We are both thrilled to be parents. Our miracle baby was born on August 20, 2008. We are happy to have her in our family and cherish our time with her. I am a chemist at a rocket manufacturer who supplies propulsion for the NASA space shuttle. I got my bachelor's degree from the University of Utah in 2004. I love my job! Gib works at a microbiology testing lab. He is currently attending classes at the University of Utah to get a bachelors degree in biological engineering. We have been married since July 2002. We met at a U of U singles ward. Laura (my cousin) and I had just moved into an apartment together when Gib was assigned to be our home teacher. Needless to say, Gib was a dedicated home teacher. And I didn't mind at all!