Tuesday, December 11, 2007

French Onion Soup

My parents came up to Ogden last Saturday. They gave us money to help us buy new leather couches for Christmas and they wanted to see them. We also went to dinner at the Union Grille and ate some of the best ever French Onion Soup. Seriously, you should try it if you ever get the chance. It is worth the drive from Salt Lake to Ogden.

This is our fancy tree for which we have spent years collecting matching decorations.






This is our fresh-cut tree with hand-me-down decorations. There is one ornament Gib made his Mom back in 1986. Wow, that's a long time to keep a homemade ornament in such good condition! Gib's Mom also gave us his first ornament, a glass soldier, to put on the tree. Also, notice the homemade tree skirt my Mom made before I was born. She's so talented. I think she thought it was funny to see that I still had it.

4 comments:

Ashley said...

Hi sis, I really love the trees, and what I can see of the new couches I like. I forgot to tell you that I really like your Christmas card this year! Way cute! I love the picture of you and Gib. Who took it? They did a good job!

Ashley said...

P.S. Cute picture of mom and dad too. We have cute parents, that must be where we get our good looks from :)

chrisbrems said...

I love the trees. I bet the real one smells good :)

Moo Moo J said...

Beautiful Tree! Thanks for the book recommendations! I need a good book to read. This blogging thing is fun! Now I just got to figure out how to make enough time to update it more than once every couple months. :)

About Me

We are both thrilled to be parents. Our miracle baby was born on August 20, 2008. We are happy to have her in our family and cherish our time with her. I am a chemist at a rocket manufacturer who supplies propulsion for the NASA space shuttle. I got my bachelor's degree from the University of Utah in 2004. I love my job! Gib works at a microbiology testing lab. He is currently attending classes at the University of Utah to get a bachelors degree in biological engineering. We have been married since July 2002. We met at a U of U singles ward. Laura (my cousin) and I had just moved into an apartment together when Gib was assigned to be our home teacher. Needless to say, Gib was a dedicated home teacher. And I didn't mind at all!