Thursday, April 1, 2010

Oatmeal and ketchup

It can't be easy being almost two years old! For Emmy, she knows what she wants, but sometimes her motor skills can't keep up with what she wants to accomplish. She also has a Mom who doesn't let her eat everything she wants to eat. I try to distract her with something she can eat, so she doesn't feel like I am always telling her "NO". It is clear, however,that she gets frustrated. It's not that I am trying to be mean, but her food allergies prevent her from eating normal foods. I try really hard to find ways to not have to say "no" all the time. Like, keeping dangerous food out of the picture. I also like to let her make choices whenever it is safe. So, that's what led to her choosing to eat oatmeal and ketchup for breakfast! Doesn't it sound delicious! She was so proud of her choice that she ate an entire bowl of oatmeal for breakfast.

The picture below is way back from Halloween, but I love it so I wanted to post it.

1 comment:

Layton family said...

its great to see your beautiful pics. What highs and lows your family is going through. give them loves from us

About Me

We are both thrilled to be parents. Our miracle baby was born on August 20, 2008. We are happy to have her in our family and cherish our time with her. I am a chemist at a rocket manufacturer who supplies propulsion for the NASA space shuttle. I got my bachelor's degree from the University of Utah in 2004. I love my job! Gib works at a microbiology testing lab. He is currently attending classes at the University of Utah to get a bachelors degree in biological engineering. We have been married since July 2002. We met at a U of U singles ward. Laura (my cousin) and I had just moved into an apartment together when Gib was assigned to be our home teacher. Needless to say, Gib was a dedicated home teacher. And I didn't mind at all!