Thursday, November 8, 2007

We've been tagged!

The rules:
A. The rules of the game are posted at the beginning.
B. Each player lists 6 facts/habits about themselves.
C. At the end of the post, the player then tags 6 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog.

1. Gib and I love "Little House On The Prairie." Most people collect the season DVD's of "The Office" or "24", but Gib and I have collected the first 2 seasons of
"Little House On The Prairie." Only 6 more seasons to go!

2. I HATE to vacuum. I can scrub a toilet, clean a stinky litter box, scrub cat throw-up or diahrea from the carpets without problems, but I really dislike vacuuming. This means Gib is the lucky one to vacuum the floors every time it is needed in our house! Good thing Gib doesn't mind vacuuming.

3. We love cats. I have always loved cats. My first pet was an ornery old cat named Blossom. She is most remembered by Chris for chasing him while attacking his feet. Yes, that's right, Chris ran from a cat. Ashley's friends still make fun of Blossom's old croaking meow. Oh, I love my Blossom. Gib was never much of a fan of cats. After marriage he developed a "tolerance of cats", as he puts it. From the way he baby-talks to our cats, Ichabod and Carma, I think it's more a fondness than a tolerance!

4. I am terribly uncoordinated. I tried out for junior high dance company and was one of only 4 people to be cut, out of a total of 96 girls to try-out. I also tried out for cheerleader a couple times but wasn't good enough. I guess something could be said for persistence, right? So, I decided to focus on other talents and spent my time practicing the violin. Secretly, I still want to be a cheerleader!


5. I love to sing in the car alone. . . especially Primary songs. Lucky for anyone else they don't have to hear me. I wouldn't say that I'm tone deaf, because I spent a lot of time training my ears when I practiced the violin and I can HEAR that I sing out of key. I have never been able to develop my vocal chords to sing the notes on tune. But I love to sing when I am alone, even if I sing poorly and get most of the words wrong!

6. I love raw cookie dough. When Gib's brother lived with us, we would make a whole batch of cookie dough and use a spoon to eat it all before we had the chance to bake the cookies. For people who sell cookie dough for fundraisers, this is so unfair! It has definitely hindered my diet.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

I hate to vacuum too! It must be a Brems thing. I think I hate all housework though.

About Me

We are both thrilled to be parents. Our miracle baby was born on August 20, 2008. We are happy to have her in our family and cherish our time with her. I am a chemist at a rocket manufacturer who supplies propulsion for the NASA space shuttle. I got my bachelor's degree from the University of Utah in 2004. I love my job! Gib works at a microbiology testing lab. He is currently attending classes at the University of Utah to get a bachelors degree in biological engineering. We have been married since July 2002. We met at a U of U singles ward. Laura (my cousin) and I had just moved into an apartment together when Gib was assigned to be our home teacher. Needless to say, Gib was a dedicated home teacher. And I didn't mind at all!